Tuesday, February 26, 2013

Sweet boy.... :)

So this past week has been nothing but unpacking. And then unpacking. And then when I'm done with that, I do some more unpacking. And in between all that I would have an occasional meltdown. Ok, a LOT of meltdowns.
 
I've got a good excuse for said meltdowns. You see, I've been doing all this without the help of my trusty sidekick:( Yep, my sweet hubby is out of commission.
 
 
He's been dealing with 2 herniated disks:( Sooo, he hasn't been able to do what he normally does, which is EVERYTHING! :(
 
 
So the master bedroom is about all I can show you right now:) Since we are planning on refinishing floors, and adding a master bath, I didn't want to spend the money or time on painting the walls. The entire house has pure white walls. At first it drove me insane! But I found these fab curtains at Target the other day, and they really warmed up the space and made it completely bearable:)
 
 
With the hubby out, I've really had to rely on this guy. My sweet baby Ryne. Not Ryan. Ryne.
Poor guy, he's forever having to correct people:(
Anyway, I'm ridiculously lucky that this boy can do just about everything his dad can do.
Sooo, he did all my hanging of pics and curtain rods and such:)
 
 
Aaaand accompanied his crazy mama to Sweet Salvage:) It was his first time going, and I promised him there would be "cool stuff". I found this old wheel thingy that was perfect for a necklace hanger:)
 
 
Since I've never been above bribing my kids to do stuff, I gave by son some goodie money. Ryne has always had an eye for "cool stuff". It was really fun to see what he was drawn to. He found things that I would never take a second look at.
Check out his loot.
 
 
A Coleman oven (I think), an old microscope, cool binoculars, an awesome fold up measuring stick and that thing that holds a pencil and makes circles. The name is totally escaping me right now...
Anyway, he totally loved it and I'm sure I won't have to bribe him to go next time:)

Oh, and just so I'm not playing favorites here- I'll let ya in on what Rio is up to:)
She and her friend Emily are teaching this class on how to make these fab Marquee letters!

 
How fun right??
March 7th at 6 pm
$40
Details here!!

17 comments:

  1. Looks lovely as always! The curtains really warm it up :) Good luck with your hubby's back- my husband had the same (three surgeries to correct!) but now is as good as new...well, 40+ new!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I get excited for Tuesday to come along so that I may see and read what you have done to Your sweet place!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great looking room! So sorry to hear about your hubby. My hubby had that same problem about 8 yrs ago, only 1 disk though. He was in ALOT of pain! Hope all goes well!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your poor husband. I've heard that can be excrutiating.

    It probably doesn't feel like it to you but it is totally impressive the way you pull a room together. Love your master bedroom.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Can't wait to see the rest of the house!!! Are you renovating the entire house or are some things staying? It's darling so far!

    ReplyDelete
  6. You raised some good kids and that is a big deal! Your bedroom looks dreamy and beautiful!! I hope your hubby feels better soon!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love the bedroom! Looks so comfy already. Get your hubs into yoga, even after surgery for herniated disc I was in pain but yoga cured me it's the best!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wow! You are fast girl! You just moved in and your bedroom is already set up and decorated. It looks beautiful! So sorry to hear about your husband's back. I've known people with that problem before. Hopefully, he is under a doctor's care and can get some help for it. Not very good timing for that sort of thing is it? But, I guess there never is really. I wish him a speedy recovery and look forward to seeing the progress on your new house.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wow, Dorie, it looks great! As long as one spot is cozy and "done", you always have a place to relax. Looks like you have two great guys in your life, Lucky Girl! I hope the hubby's chair comes in soon...sounds like he'll need it. Take care, and have a good week!

    ReplyDelete
  10. ^ Haha! In a very short time reading TWD, I've learned it's never "done"! But it certainly is beautiful, and cozy! I love it! But let me get to the good stuff...great finds there Ryne! And Rio, lemme get this straight, they're TEACHING the class...not taking it? Ah-mazing! You are a very creative crew out there! Keep the updates coming! And I hope the hubs feels better really quick! (and not just so he can get back to doing EVERYTHING!) ;0)

    ReplyDelete
  11. What a comfy looking room. The bedding is so pretty and I love the bare wood floors. Hope your hubby is feeling better soon!
    XO Barbara

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hi Its Wendy!! Love how you even find great things at Target!! Thanks . wish they had the curtains in green.... sigh....

    ReplyDelete
  13. Dorie, you always know how to pull a room together! LOVE the curtains and I will be going to Les Tar'get today to check some out for MOI. And those cool binoculars the Ryne found look to be pre Civil War ones. How do I know? Well, cause dummy here had some very similar that I sold to an "expert" the other day with a DISCOUNT...and come to find out that they were not worth 40.00 but more like 80.00. Are Ryne's marked Paris? LOVE his stash of coolness.

    Hope your hubby feels better. I have degenerative disc disease and herniations myself. I live with pain every day but don't allow it to define me and have to learn to limit myself with what I can and cannot do. If he can get a traction board, those work great. Too bad you live so far away. Mine is layed out in the living room right now.

    Keep on smiling! And hey, if you ever tire of your necklace holder, I need one! **smiles**

    Becky

    ReplyDelete
  14. It's called a compass, that pencil/circle drawing thingy! Great finds!

    The house is so cute! Is it hard to be right across from your other one and know how much work lies ahead of you?

    I hope your husband feels better soon. I have a bulging disc in my neck and traction, both mechanical and manual really help me.

    ReplyDelete
  15. It's called a compass, that pencil/circle drawing thingy! Great finds!

    The house is so cute! Is it hard to be right across from your other one and know how much work lies ahead of you?

    I hope your husband feels better soon. I have a bulging disc in my neck and traction, both mechanical and manual really help me.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Lovely!it looks inviting and cozy. Love the vintage pieces you have.

    ReplyDelete