Tuesday, May 26, 2015

Crafty and handy.... :)

I like to get my craft on.
Whilst trolling my local thrift store the other day,
I came across these ceramic cuties.

I have no idea what their original purpose was?
At first I thought it was a back plate for a doorknob, but
there's no hole for the doorknob?
Anyway, I thought they were cute.
And they were....99 cents each!
SCORE!!


All they needed was a good cleaning and
some fab gold letters:)


Cute eh?


So yeah, I like me some crafts.
But let me tell  you, 
no one crafts like Rio.
NO ONE.


She makes kiddie tents, banners, and headbands...



and the cutest leather dream catchers:)


Oh! and she makes BABY SHOES!!
....AND paints the bestest watercolor pics!!
and then there's her jewelry...


I ain't got those painting skills.
But I CAN however cover ugly old frames with this
favorite gold paint!


Anyway...
Rio's house was overflowing with all these crafty things and they really
needed to find a home. 
So we packed it up and set it up at Carpinteria's once
a month flea market this last Saturday:)


We got there bright and early and set up our wares.



We were all set up with time to spare!
That is until I went to find my square:(
(I'm a poet and I didn't know it)
You know, that thing that makes it easy for people to pay with 
a credit card on your phone?
Yeah, I had like 3 of them. But do you think I could find even
one that morning??

Of course not!

So I sent the hubby to Starbucks, where I knew they sold them.
Yeah no. They were out.
Well I'll have you know that there was an angel standing in line
behind my hubby.
He said "Dude, what is it you're looking for?"
"I think I can help you out!"


Dear David Budlong,
You ARE the best handyman in Santa Barbara!!!
I don't know you, and you don't me but
you SAVED THE DAY!!
and I truly thank you for it:)

5 comments:

  1. Those are ceramic push plates for swinging doors - they're used to protect the paint or finish. I like your idea for using them in a different way though.

    ReplyDelete
  2. We all want to know-did Rio sell everything? I hope so-very nice work!

    ReplyDelete
  3. TODO HERMOSO!!!!
    ME ENCANTAN LOS ZAPATOS....
    SALUDITOS

    ReplyDelete
  4. I would love to buy the laundry sign/plate if she has one left for sale!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hello! email me at understiller@cox.net and I'll get that out to you!

      Delete