Tuesday, August 9, 2011

If it aint broke, don't fix it!

And I can agree with that! Most of the time:) I mean, what if it just isn't quite working? Or there's a better way? Like my little library at the top of the stairs. Organized? Yes. Functional? Yes. Inviting? Yes, sorta. Sadly with the way it was, only one person could enjoy it, and that person was usually the hubby:) He would read every night, alone:(


Weeeell, enough of that!! Enter IKEA chaise lounges. They fit perfectly!!

And now we can enjoy reading TOGETHER!! I added an owl lamp that I found at a garage sale for $8, made those little stripey pillows and added some cozy blankets:) Oh, and my sis and her hubby bought us that fab map as a thank you for staying at our Cali house:) SCORE!!

Another thing that wasn't actually broken but needed a fix was our back porch light. Sorry I don't have a before pic, but here is the awesome after!!

Is that not the coolest!! The hubby made it out of scraps from our shop, and then painted and glazed it to give it the perfect rustic brownish finish. Me LOVES!!!

Sadly for now I must enjoy it from behind closed doors:( in air conditioning:( cause it's ridiculously hot:( and all my plants are dead:(


In other sort of broken news, as you read this I will be under the knife-saying goodbye to my uterus. Apparently a fibroid decided to move in and set up house. I DON'T THINK SO!! So forgive me if next weeks blog doesn't happen. Who am I kidding? It'll happen. Same bat time. Same bat channel:)

16 comments:

  1. Hello beautiful Dorie with the beautiful blog and beautiful home, may your surgery go well and here's to quick healing. I see lots of lovely blog entries in your future, wink, wink! Thank you for putting a smile on my face, every day!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Dorrie,
    I am definitely crushing over your new reading area....it's perfect! I would love to have a little area like that in our house. Also the light is fab! Well my uterus is gone too, I figured I was done with it so they might as well have it and do what they want with it...lol! Seriously, get well fast and come back. I love to read what you are up to.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good luck on your surgery! I think you'll feel like that uterus punched its way out of you for a couple of days:) LOVE the new reading nook and the fab light.

    ReplyDelete
  4. ABSOLUTELY DARLING! You have such a great eye! I hope everything goes well with the surgery- good luck!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hope all goes well with the surgery.

    ReplyDelete
  6. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a delicious library ! I would LOVE the space to do something like that... complete with those yummy loungers !

    I'm having a STINKY Give Away on Lavender Hill and I'd love for you to pop over and check it out !

    gena

    ReplyDelete
  8. First of all a speedy recovery to you!!!! I had mine hysterectomy two weeks before my 32 birthday, best thing I could have done!

    I love, love, love your reading area!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hope your surgery goes well. Had my surgery a few years ago! Best thing ever! Love all the new fixes with the house.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Looks wonderful and when you are done at the hospital it looks like a nice place to relax. Had that surgery last summer and believe me- stay inside and rest. Heat bothers the incision.
    tammy

    ReplyDelete
  11. Good luck with your surgery! May you have a speedy recovery. If it's okay with you, I'd love to drop off dinner for you this weekend, either Friday or Saturday? That should give you guys a night of rest and no cooking. Email me and let me know when I can stop by.

    You are so lucky to have a husband who can build you pretties. Love the new light!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Aw, I love that you and the hubby can read together now! can picture you there during your recovery. Let them wait on you because you are the queen of the house! I will be thinking of you and praying for your swift recovery. I had my hysterectomy in March and I haven't felt so healthy and energetic in years. I am so glad I got it done. Please do what the doctor says. Don't do anything you don't have to do and your recovery will be SO much faster!

    ReplyDelete
  13. I love the library at the top of the stairs! I've wanted a library for years and my small loft would be the perfect place. Best wishes for a speedy recovery.
    Shari

    ReplyDelete
  14. Hi Dorie

    I just stumbled across your blog today and in lieu of leaving a comment on the like 50 entries I've already read through I just thought i'd comment here and tell you how awesome I think your blog is, how I can't wait to continue reading it in the future, how amazing I think your home renovation turned out, and how I wish you the speediest of recoveries possible.

    Keep up the fantastic work :)
    Louis

    ReplyDelete
  15. <3 the library, and the chairs look great. Good luck with the surgery!

    ReplyDelete
  16. It's gorgeous! I love your lounge/library. Yeah, it's just like Facebook, dear. If it isn't broken, don't fix it, LOL. It's quite hot, good thing you got an AC for your comfort.

    ReplyDelete