Tuesday, August 30, 2011

Cutie cloche... :)

Okay, so a few months back I was trollin my fav Gdubb, (Goodwill) when I came across this beauty! Un huh! Well, minus that doll whatever in the world that is. What the??
For whatever reason, I bought it. Psh! Do I need a reason? Reasoning is just silly! Anyway, I think it was all of $3? I took her home where she took a back seat behind all the pretty girls for a while before I could figure out what to do with her :( I started by painting the base a crisp white. Then she sat like that for a few weeks.Theeeen, this last Saturday I happened upon my little box of misc hardware in the garage. I said, Ooooh hello little lonely beautifully rusty glass knob, I have someone I want you to meet:)
I gave her base a little "bronzer", you know- so she didn't look so pasty white:) Then I used Gorilla Glue to attach the sweet glass knob to the top. Yes, I totally eye balled it, and yes, it's slightly crooked:(
Ta da!! Oh my goodness, I love it! And I'm thinking she's a little smiley too:)
She's keeping safe some vintage books, and my two sweet little bullies:)
And just you wait till you see what I did with all the Gdubb pillows! I know! A cliffhanger?!
Till next week!! :)

2 comments:

  1. I have passed by those things so many times simply because they didn't have the handle on top! How perfect is that knob too? Love it.

    Hope you're feeling better after surgery!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm very impressed that you could see the potential in the first item. I love shopping at places like Goodwill for treasures, but I never really think about what it could be. It turned out just beautiful! I'm looking forward to next Tuesday.

    ReplyDelete