Tuesday, November 1, 2011

Saaaweet Salvage!!

Last week I told you about some fantasticness that the hubby was building in the garage. Well it all started with a trip here. Sweet Salvage:) It's an awesome little place that only opens once a month. And boy oh boy! Are there goodies to be found!! We came home with the two columns and old stair railing in this pic. For $189!! The hubby spotted it and immediately knew what he was going to do with it:) Seriously, I could see the wheels spinning in his head.
It went from this....
To this!! How stinkin cute is that!! I sewed pillows like a mad woman and begged my fav Brown's Upholstery to upholster the seat cushions in less than a week. And they did:) And that's why I love them:) And I may or may not have had wine when the next pic was taken, please don't judge:)


It was the perfect place to take the hubby's big 5-0 birthday picture:)

Happy Birthday my most talented man in the world:)

12 comments:

  1. Love it! I would love to see a close up picture please. And Love Sweet Salvage, too bad it's open only once a month, but maybe that's a good thing :) Yesterday me and my friend went down to 7th Ave. I got the cutest little cabinet for my patio at Qcumbers...I love that whole area down there...so fun! Rosanne

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy 50th Birthday to Roger! Hope it was a happy happy one! Love your creation of course! xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  3. That was a very neat idea to make a frame for a bench out of that railing. Love the pillows on there. Happy Birthday to your hubby!

    ReplyDelete
  4. It all looks beautiful! Love your 50's and pics bunting - perfect in the background of the birthday festivities!! xo Ashlyn

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow! That loooks great! I have never heard of Sweet Salvage, but I will be going next time. :) Apparently from the pictures on their website you must get in line early. I hope to see you there.
    www.shabbytochicqueencreek.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. Happy birthday to your husband! What a wonderful gift he has to be able to make things like that. It looks awesome.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Sooo Pretty! I always look forward to Tuesdays to read your blog! LOVE IT!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. The new long bench is both handsome and creative. I never would have thought of making this. Kudos to your husband.

    ReplyDelete
  9. after a long day it is soooo nice to read your blog... look forward to it every single week :)

    Soph

    ReplyDelete
  10. I LOVE LOVE LOVE!!!!!!!!! You BOTH are AMAZING!!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete