Tuesday, April 3, 2012

Easter oaties...:)

I've loved oatmeal my whole life. A big thank you to LaDonna O for making the best oaties around and making me love them:) When we were little, my mom and dad would go back to my mom's village in Mexico (for what I'm sure was a much needed vacation from 6 crazy kids) and my 2 sisters and I (the little girls) got to stay with The O's. They were a family my parents knew from church, and we LOVED to stay with them:) I won't go into how I was completely OBSESSED with their daughter Jan and her purple bedroom. Uh huh. Purple walls complete with matching Swiss dot ruffled bedding (circa 1975ish?). AWESOME I tell ya. We spent our mornings eating oatmeal, and afternoons playing with Jan's Dawn dolls. (I've been obsessively looking for them on ebay for the last few weeks) I WILL find them!!! Aaaaanyway,( there is a reason for all this I swear!)  I'm lucky to have married a guy who shares my love of  "oaties". We usually eat them just plain with Rice Milk and Agave sweetener. But I decided enough is enough!! Down with healthy eating!!  Enter-

Caramelized Banana Oatmeal:)

You'll need:
Oatmeal (cooked to directions)
Bananas: 1-2 sliced
Butter: 2 Tbsp
Brown Sugar: 2-3 Tbsp
Cinnamon: to taste? 
Nutmeg: to taste?


Slice up 1 or 2 bananas. I did 2, because I love me some bananas:)


Melt about 2 Tbsp of butter in a pan:)


Throw in your bananas, brown sugar, cinnamon, and nutmeg.


Let em cook and get all yummy and caramely:)


Spoon em over your oaties:)


Yumm!! I promise:) and no, I wouldn't eat these everyday!


I am however thinking I'm going to make this again for Easter breakfast:)






The resurrection gives my life meaning and direction and the opportunity to start over no matter what my circumstances. ~Robert Flatt

Happy Easter everyone!!

11 comments:

  1. Gosh that looks good! I'm going to definitely try that! Yum, yum. Hope you have a wonderful Easter.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love your green crackled bunny! I found a green pig that has the same texture as him! :) Thanks for sharing the recipe!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh my...that looks a little too good....but I'll have to try it anyway. Love the Easter decorations....so cute!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Mercy that looks delicious. I have a great friend who lives in Upstate New York. When I'm there we always go to this little spot that serves oatmeal with the thinnest layer of bananas and creme brulee on top. Your bananas remind me of that!

    ReplyDelete
  5. That looks so good! It reminded of bananas foster there for a minute. :) Now I am starving and have to go dig something out of the pantry to eat. You always have the best recipes! I am definitely going to try this one. Yummmm!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Goodness that looks so good. Love all your bunnies :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow, I've got a couple of oatmeal lovers in this house, so I think next time we are officially topping our steel cut overnight oats with this stuff! Yum!

    ReplyDelete
  8. It looks so delicous!!! Your little bunnies are so cute too!
    Have a Happy Easter!!!
    ~Des

    ReplyDelete
  9. Beautiful blog, Wish you had a Subscribe to Email button!!! ( for daily updates)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Where did you get the salt and pepper crocks? omg! I love them!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Use Splenda half and half brown sugar and save enough to have this twice :)

    ReplyDelete