Tuesday, August 25, 2015

Project Beautify Trinity.... :)

Oh how I loved this one! From the minute I laid eyes on her,
I knew she was going to be a cutie:)

She started out a 3 bed/2 bath. We made her a
4 bed/3 bath. 


Remember how I said that all the guys were hating the white??
Well they changed their tune.
Uh huh.
Maybe because I couldn't quit singing-
I tooold you soooo, oh I told you so...


I mean seriously though!!
She looks so fresh and happy I can hardly stand it:)

The entire house and all the trim is painted Swiss Coffee.
The front door is Churlish Green by Farrow & Ball.
The front porch and steps are painted with Sherwin Williams
Super Deck paint in Buckthorn.


Let's step inside shall we??


This was the front room and dining room before. The kitchen was
through that doorway on the right.
And see that raised dining area? Well that thing was a beast
 I'm telling you! Like we darn near needed a back hoe to
take it out!!


We opened up the wall to the kitchen and leveled out the dining room floor.
Muuuch bettah!!
The walls in the entire house are painted Sherwin Williams Accessible Beige.
All the trim and ceilings are Swiss Coffee.


Before kitchen-


After:)
So you know how I was all excited about all my Schoolhouse Electric
lighting?? Well dummy me didn't order in enough time:( so
when it came down to the day before we were supposed to put the 
house on the market, (and my lights hadn't arrived yet)
the hubby headed down to Lamps Plus and got all new lights.
And he did a fabulous job I must say:)

We're using the Schoolhouse lighting on the (now in demo stage) 
Elizabeth June house, and it's going to be perfect!


The island is Ikea. We stained the top darker and added
ship lap to the back side where the stools are, and painted it 
the same color as the range hood- Accessible Beige.


The hubby made the hood and corbels:)


To the left of the back door was a pantry area, and to the right
behind the wall was a built in banquette.


We opened it up so the kitchen continued to the back door, and the fridge
tucked in where the old pantry was.

How lucky were we that the back door was so cute and just
needed a coat of fresh white paint!


The Master bedroom before.
It was massive! we were able to add a master bath 
and big walk in closet in this space and it still 
ended up a good size!


Presto chango!


I loved that fireplace! She just needed to be squared off and
again-white paint:)


We cut out those panels in the door that made it look
dated and added glass. That door goes out to the back porch:)


The master bath. The vanity is from Wayfair (where the shipping is free- you know
you're singing it!! hahaha!!). We painted the chrome hardware matte black.

And just check out that dreamy shampoo/soap shelf in the shower!
Because every gal has like 795 bottles of what in the world! - right??!!


The downstairs bath before-


After:)


The stairs before.


The stairs after.
Well kinda. I promise they're totally finished
and lovingly covered in plastic because I would 
seriously lose my sh*t if they got dirty
before the new owners made this their home!


Up those lovely plastic covered stairs are two bedrooms
and one bath. I LOVE this bedroom because-
it's HUGE and it has a little hidden gem...


 LOOK at that adorable little kiddie space!! It even has tv hook up
in there! There's a chance I dream heavily of eating popcorn
and raisinets snuggled in blankets and pillows and 
watching Cinderella in there.

Why yes I do have the dreams of a 5 year old!
Keeps me young I say:)


We're going to end this house tour with a visit
 to the backyard.
 She just needed some love.




This sweet house is already pending:)
You can view more pics and info here.

27 comments:

  1. I. can. not. believe. what you did here. That house is amazing. Love me those black windows!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is so amazing! You have such vision. Love it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You guys do absolutely beautiful work. I see the kitchen tile was redone ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. You guys do absolutely beautiful work. I see the kitchen tile was redone ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  5. THIS is AMAZING! You guys.....I don't know how you can dream up these changes-good work :)
    xo

    ReplyDelete
  6. Congrats indeed!!!! I'm never disappointed and I get so excited to see these amazing transformations! Looking forward to your next project!!!
    It could reach 108 here this weekend in AZ! Ugh!!! Do you miss it?
    Thanks Dorie......I so enjoy my Tuesday mornings with you! ; )

    ReplyDelete
  7. Looking at each pic of the "new" house i just kept saying oh my gosh!! I cant wait to see what you do with Elizabeth June! The space is great but the view is spectacular!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wowowowoww Dorie!!! I love all of your homes, how lucky is Ventura to have your talented family out there! LOVE!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Dorie, you poured your love into this little gem. It is absolutley beautiful.
    Can you please share what kind of stone you used on the countertops?
    I get so excited everytime I know you are transforming an old home. You guys are terrific!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Debbie! I did a Quartz countertop. The Manufacturer is Pental and the color is Sahara Polished.

      Delete
  10. Oh My Word! You all have done an amazing job. Everything is perfection. I'm sure it'll go fast.

    ReplyDelete
  11. This is absolutely gorgeous! Oh what fun to be able to do this for a living! Amazing work!

    ReplyDelete
  12. It's beautiful...you have the magic touch! :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. As with everything you do..LOVE IT! (said in a sing songy voice)

    ReplyDelete
  14. I hope you guys get your own TV show.....your work is amazing!!! Congratulations on this beautiful renovation!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Beautiful! Where did you get the vanity in the downstairs bath?

    ReplyDelete
  16. I ADORE your creativity and work…its like fresh air! Thank you for sharing! I have a little house in Hawaii I need help with….

    ReplyDelete
  17. WOW!!! Absolutely beautiful.

    :)

    ReplyDelete
  18. What an AMAZING transformation!!! This makes me want to rip my house apart and have a do-over! Thanks for sharing your work!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Your creativity is never ending. You all make the best team to take these tired homes and turn them into real beauties! Maybe you should come visit Illinois! Pretty please?

    ReplyDelete
  20. I love it! That house is amazing. Love those black windows!

    ReplyDelete
  21. Gorgeous! As always you guys do great work!! Is the Swiss Coffee Benjamin Moore?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The Swiss Coffee is Sherwin Williams, but I believe it's all the same formula?

      Delete
  22. You guys do such great work! I wish I could hire you to do-over my home! Can you tell me what kind of stain you used on the Ikea island? I'd like to do the same kind of thing, but wondered if you have to use a special stain because of preparing food on it, etc.

    ReplyDelete
  23. Beautiful job! Would you please share what the hardwood flooring is? So gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete